Friday, October 13, 2006

Working in the United States

Dear Monique;

Hi! How's it going? Everything is fine with me. I miss you a lot! I have heard that you would like to come to the United States to work during the summer. What good news! You can stay with me, of course! Apartments in my neighborhood are expensive, and it's difficult to find one for only two months. I have an empty room, et it's perfect for you. But you have to have permission from the American government before working in the United States. Sometimes, it's difficult to receive a permit. The right to work is given in the form of a green card. And also, the minimum wage is less than in France. Here, it's $5.15 an hour (around 6.30 euro an hour in France). You have to bring money with you to live in the United States. Also, it would be good if you knew English. No one here speaks French. However, you speak English well! It won't be a problem. Please respond quickly!

Alaina