Monday, October 09, 2006

Exercise 6.c: dialogue to translate. "Michele and Jean"

Hey Marie! I just received your message about Jean, go figure that last Monday I saw him at the entrance to the university. He told me that no one had seen me the previous week, and he asked me if I had been sick. I responded that I had a cold, but at the moment I was panicking a bit for the exams since I had a lot of late work. I asked Jean if he could lend me his notes. He mumbled something and I told him that I really needed them, and that I would return them the next day. I explained to him that he was the only person of whom I could ask such a favor. He ordered me to return them the next day without mistakes, since he needed to reread them before the exam. I told him that I also needed to return his history book and the photocopy from civilisation that he had lent me fifteen days earlier. He asked me if it had been me who had them, and that he had believed them lost. I responded that I would return them to him the next day with that which he lent to me then; and, to pardon myself, I would give him a super CD that I had just bought. He told me not to forget and to return them the next day without mistakes.

Marie, I have a huge problem now . . . it's been several days and I can't find his notes for the exam! I have to go look for them now!

- Michele